We are very pleased to announce the release of the latest FlickRocket platform and client update.
This release is all about enhancing the customer's experience accessing the purchased or rented content:
- Cloud content access now entirely player based, requiring no web login
- Player installation changed from browser/plug-in detection model to stand alone install with authenticated access.
- Fixes all problems where the player could not be found because the browser or security software inadvertently blocked plug-ins.
- Enables customers to access the content on all platforms by using the same process.
- New player versions for Windows, MacOSX, iOS and Android
- Cloud content access now handled transparently. If a certain piece of content or license is not available locally it is retrieved from the cloud without requiring further actions.
- Content directory is held in local database enabling faster presentation, access and discoverability. This is especially important in scenarios where customers have access to thousands of content items.
- Code redemption option (except iOS).
- Player shows update notifications if new version becomes available.
- Several general and platform specific fixes.
- Other changes are:
- Updated stock themes.
- Simplified and more flexible theme design options.
- Shop speed optimizations.
As part of the changes all themes have been slightly modified. Please check your theme to make sure it works as intended.